INFORMATION FOR GROUP TOUR OPERATORS
We welcome enquiries regarding group visits.
The Sherlock Holmes Museum is open every day of the
year, except Christmas day, from 9.30 am - 6pm. Photography and video filming
is permitted for non-commercial purposes.
On arrival by cash,
credit card or sterling cheque from approved clients
We no longer accept advance bookings or payments.
2. Do you accept tour operator vouchers?
We do not accept vouchers from travel agents as we no longer accept advance bookings or payments.
We cannot guarantee admission at set
times so please visit the museum with your group and our admisions office will provide you
with an invoice /receipt for your group visit on arrival. We do not give priority to any
visitors - visitors are admitted in order of attendance and it may be necessary to queue
at peak times. To avoid queing, it is best if your group arrives soon after opening time.
4. Can journalists and other
media representatives gain free entry?
5. How long does the visit
6. What is the maximum size
for a group?
7. Do we have to pre-book or can we book in advance?
We do not accept advance bookings or payments, so please attend the museum during our opening hours.
8. Do you
provide an activity sheet?
about disabled access for those with wheelchairs?
11. What time of the day is best to fully benefit from a visit?
The Museum closes promptly at 6pm and all visitors must leave the premises at that time, so please do allow adequate time for your visit! To avoid queing for any length of time in the peak summer months, it would be advisable to visit as soon as possible after 9am.
12. We intend to give the children a questionnaire based on the one you give on your site, but simplified. Is it possible to do so?
You can modify and use any part of our website for educational purposes.
13. What free documents are given to the children?
We provide a museum brochure on arrival. Musuem tours are self-guided using the brochure.
14. Coach parking / Lunch / Toilets?
15. We regret we cannot store luggage so please leave your luggage in your hotel before visiting. We may have limited room available for children's buggy's depending on the day of your visit.
Ms Andrea von Ehrenstein -